Daily Inspiration

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Salaried Worker Vs Volunteers

When will I be volunteering my time for people?

I'll do that when I have earned enough, worked enough and am planning for retirement. For now, I will just donate to support the work of charity organisations.

The recent charity sagas have turned me off entirely. Giving higher volume of work as a justification for higher pay is lame considering one is in a charity line of work. Neither is it justifiable to take it as given when the board of directors are the one deciding it.

In reality, a person can't possibly be squeezed to work 24 hours a day for a prolong period. It makes more sense to get more helpers to share the workload. This will also help to create more work opportunities given the high unemployment rate in Singapore.

1 Comments:

Blogger tiramisuboy said...

hi bunny, its the last time that I call you this name....I din't know you were gone already. If not for siao wei, I think I would never live to find out.

Why have u go away so suddenly?? We haven been able to catch up ... I know I have also neglected you as a friend. You are a strong and capable eye in my eyes...achieving so much more than our peers. You are always the resilent type ...I was really jealous of you at one time ..you become your own boss, so much independent that you put me to shame sometimes. I hold you as my model.

Alas...you are gone like a wind...so sudden ...life is so fragile. Most of us are busy chasing our dreams and riches that we've forgotten how dear our friends are and we should slow down and appreciate things we have right now.

I really miss you bunny...I hate myself for not calling you to say hi, how u are doing..etc. This is a wake up call to me.

I believe in reincarnation and I hope you will have a better next life and be bless.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home